So I'll start with my flight. It went all very nice, although there were, as usual, some delays. I got the first shock when I left the plane at Doha (Qatar) for stopover and it had 38°C air temperature at midnight (local time)!!! It was just like stepping in to an oven. But at least the air conditioned bus was just 10 meters away... On my plane to Singapore I was sitting next to a woman from England. So we chatted about what we are going to do in Singapore and I could practice my language skills. The entry into Singapore went quite well and quickly. The airport itself is actually a sight. The architecture is really interesting and there all kinds of plants and trees inside the building. The first breeze of Singaporean air wasn't that shocking as in Doha. But it is really quite hot and humid.
The taxi ride to the hotel went really well. The taxi driver was very kind and interested (as all of them). Most of them are entertainers, talkmasters and taxi drivers at the same time... The hotel where i stayed the first two days was very nice. All very neat and clean and the personnel was very friendly. The view from the room was rather impressive (inside an outside) as was the breakfast in the next morning.
View from the level of my room down to the lobby.
1 comment:
haha nice intro to the country..TAXI DRIVERS. they're well known for terrible and inconsiderate driving. and they usually know the best spots to get good food.
Post a Comment