Living and studying for two semesters at NTU Singapore. Now continued for another three months at Villanova University, PA, USA.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
The first impressions
On my first day in Singapore I wanted to walk down along Singapore River to get to Alexa, who is another exchange student from TU Darmstadt. As I didn't had a proper map I got lost a little bit at fist. I came in to a district with huge housing blocks and only local people. Even if they looked at me a little bit irritated I never felt endangered or unwell. I think the city is really as save as all people are telling. But after that I found the river and Alexa's Hotel. But I probably wasn't that eager to take pictures at that day, because there is only one... There were some guys in a park who flew illuminated remote controlled model aircrafts. I was really fascinated of them.
The next day Alexa, Roman an me (the three exchange students from TU Darmstadt) met at the Merlion, the landmark of Singapore. It is therefore a major tourist attraction point, as you can see on the pictures. In fact Roman brought his neighbour, Lingling, with him, so we were four. That day we did a little sightseeing tour through the city and visited quite a lot of nice place. The flair of the city changes very much depending on the quarter you are. E.g. Chinatown and Little India are very crowed and lively whereas the business district is naturally rather cold and sterile. But even in the crowdiest places the pavement is very clean, probably due to the 1000S$ fine for littering...
Die Fotos sehn echt stark aus, da bekommt man Fernweh wenn man weiß dass man das nächste mal frühestens im nächsten Winter aus Ettlingen/Kehl rauskommt...
der singapore flyer! das NOCH höchste riesenrad der welt...aber nimmer lang.... ich weiß wovon ich rede...
und die esplanade....was für ein hässliches gebäude.....
aber vielleicht sieht es in echt ja besser aus ;)
(spricht da der neid?!?) aber was in stockholm "DER WINTER" ist, wär mir in singapore "DAS IMMER GLEICH"....im durchschnitt immer die gleiche temperatur, die gleiche luftfeuchte, der gleiche niederschlag, ... nur die sonne scheint im sommer aus dem norden....
5 comments:
Hi Michael,
great idea to blog the news and the photos. I miss you so much. Can't you take a photo of you and blog it too. I really miss you.
That was the gay moment of the day ;).
Hope to see you soon
Jens ;)
Öhm ja, Willkommen in klein Bloggersdorf. ;)
Geniale Idee mit dem Blog!
Die Fotos sehn echt stark aus, da bekommt man Fernweh wenn man weiß dass man das nächste mal frühestens im nächsten Winter aus Ettlingen/Kehl rauskommt...
Also weiter so, un sauber beleibe!
MfG Flex
ui... die ersten fotos, cool :)
ganz schön grün da michel!
na dann warte ich mal auf weitere, hab ja erstmal den RSS-Feed aboniert ;o)
der singapore flyer! das NOCH höchste riesenrad der welt...aber nimmer lang.... ich weiß wovon ich rede...
und die esplanade....was für ein hässliches gebäude.....
aber vielleicht sieht es in echt ja besser aus ;)
(spricht da der neid?!?)
aber was in stockholm "DER WINTER" ist, wär mir in singapore "DAS IMMER GLEICH"....im durchschnitt immer die gleiche temperatur, die gleiche luftfeuchte, der gleiche niederschlag, ... nur die sonne scheint im sommer aus dem norden....
Post a Comment