But at first there was some administrative stuff to be done. We went to International Students Centre where we were welcomed very friendly by the staff and some local students. The showed and explained as everything we had to do, so it was not a big problem to get all the paperwork done.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Arriving on campus
After the two days in the hotel I took a cab together with Alexa to get to Nanyang Technological University (NTU) campus. The university is a little bit outside the city, so it takes about 25 min to get there. The good thing is, that the campus is really big (about 2 km²) and it is nicely laid out. There are many trees, palms and lawns, so there is a lot of green on the campus. The first impression when arriving at NTU was definitely a good one.
But at first there was some administrative stuff to be done. We went to International Students Centre where we were welcomed very friendly by the staff and some local students. The showed and explained as everything we had to do, so it was not a big problem to get all the paperwork done.
After that we were brought to our halls where we could check into our accommodations. I was very lucky because I got a room in one of the rare halls with air condition. The room is not very big and it is a twin share room (I did know this before), but its clean and tidy. I think the whole building is very new, probably three or four years old. All in all I think that it is absolutely okay to stay in this room for 10 month. You can see in the pictures how my room looks like and my view out of the window. Unfortunately my room mate hasn't arrived yet, so I still wonder how he will be like. It will probably be a bit strange in the beginning to share the room with a foreigner, but
I presume that we will get to know each other very quickly.
Apart from that we all had to undergo a medical examination. It was like the whole programme, eg. eye test, physical examination, blood test, urine test, x-raying,... Even if there were a lot of students who had to do this it all went fairly quick. It took about 2 hours in whole. But it was quite nice that you could get to know many other exchange students during this time. Today I got the results... I'm healthy and I am allowed to stay in S'pore. ;-)
But at first there was some administrative stuff to be done. We went to International Students Centre where we were welcomed very friendly by the staff and some local students. The showed and explained as everything we had to do, so it was not a big problem to get all the paperwork done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks great!
Best wishes and keep on writing and I will try to keep on reading ;-)!
voll cool man! und die haare sind auch noch dran?
mal schauen ob du auch so lange durchhältst mit dem bloggen wie ich ;) und mit den haaren; wieviel % luftfeuchte?? jedenfalls werde ich deine stories gespannt verfolgen.... auch wenn ich mich zur zeit ebenfalls täglich in singapOre herumtreibe... ;) freiwillig gezwungen und virtuell natürlich...
schicker fensterbettplatz...wer zuerst kommt malt zuerst, ne?
wünsch dir viel erfolg und nach dem guten start eine guten alltag.
ba baa dani
Haare ab!!!!!
Schöne Grüße aus Bayern.
Mfg Thomas
WE wish you all the best for your stay in Singapore. Keep writing.
Angie and Eugene
soso, healthy ;-)
Man, I'm really jealous, the photos are great ... have a nice time!
It's always good to know that you're healthy ;-)
I hope you stay healthy and wish you a nice time there (and don't eat to much - I know what I'am talking about!!)
'nuff said,
Stephan
Post a Comment