Thursday, August 14, 2008

Food in Singapore


As announcing in my previous post I owe you a story about the food in Singapore. Upto now I mostly liked the food here. You can get meals from a whole variety of countries in S'pore, e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Malay and Indonesian cuisine. The only thing that stands out is that most of the meals contain either rice or chicken - frequently both... But unfortunately I ran out of luck concerning my choice of food last weekend. :-(
I suspict the oysters I got from a food stall at Marina Bay on Saturday - in any case I suffered a rather bad food poisoning Sunday evening. You can imagine youselves what is implied in such a sickness. As it didn't get any better after a few hours - in contrary it got worse and worse - I even had to see a doctor late at night. Fortunatley here a some very good 24 hour clinics in S'pore which can help you at any time. But it cost me around 150S$ in total for the consultation and the cabs. Anyway I was very grateful that the medication helped very quickly.
Since there were no classes on Monday I could spend the whole day in bed (I wouldn't have been able to do anything else). Since then I am recovering slowly. Today I feel already quite okay, however there are still some rumbles in my belly.
So don't worry about me - I survived it and I'm sure that I'll soon be fit as a fiddle again. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh - Gute Besserung!!

Eigentlich sollte man ja annehmen können, daß Austern in Singapur recht frisch sind - so nah wie Ihr da am Meer seid :-/

Also nochmals: Gute Besserung!

Stephan

Anonymous said...

Na denn ma gute Besserung!
Die Fotos, bis auf das letzt machen einen schon ein bisschen neidisch :)
Also denn hau rein und geniesse die Zeit!

Gruesse aus dem ollen Darmstadt